Data archiving is a kind of technology for long-term storage of data and methods. As a significant technology, data archiving is widely employed in various fields including lottery industry, health care system, public security, prosecution, court and state security systems, educational system, informatization construction of archives, certificate storage query system, etc.
Functions of data archiving
1. Stream data archiving: By using network communication protocol, data are archived into corresponding system in form of data stream.
2. File data archiving: With network communication protocol or matched software, data are archived into system as files.
3. Query based on time: System will mark time for the archival data automatically, so users can use network communication protocol to inquire needed data according to time.
4. Query based on identification: With the help of certain function, users can add identification for archival data, so they can query desired data according to identification when it is necessary.
5. User authentication: Only authorized users can execute operations to archival data, such as data archiving, query and management.
6. Digital certificate management: Data archiving supports management and authorization of digital certificate. Users can access and manage archival data through digital certificate management.
7. Audit information query: Records of operations to manage archival data will form audit information. Users can get to know the detailed information of data like submission time, log-in time and relative manager. Users can not delete audit information, but they can query such information via network communication protocol.
8. Synchronous operation on both host and standby: Data archiving adopts the mode that the host and the standby operate synchronously, effectively preventing system from being affected due to equipment failure. Moreover, the mode helps users fulfill double backup so as to improve system reliability and stability.
Features of data archiving
1. Data archiving is a kind of exclusive product for networking, and it allows users to archive data files to system manually. Also, those data files can be archived to system with the help of application software automatically.
2. On the one hand, after data archiving, users including staffs, system managers in lottery system, hackers, producers, research personnel, etc. can not change the archival data because of some fixed factors including physical design, operating system, file system, data structure, archiving algorithm, clock design, data audit and operation mode. On the other hand, data archiving is kind of product which maintains its independence from practical operation system. For this reason, data archiving staffs can not know the exact data structure and handling mode of clients' archival data, greatly preventing archival data from being tampered.
3. Data archiving provides users with data query interface via network, and users can query and audit data by using matched data query software and dedicated query authentication software.
4. Based on network, data archiving provides users with convenient service as well as supports for multi-stage deployment and management. Owing to data archiving, it is possible for large enterprises to realize centralized data archiving, audit and authentication across the country.
5. Data archiving possesses interface for secondary development, so users can make better use of provided resource in current environment.